To help us expand the Programming Mission, we're looking for voluntary Language Leaders to take responsibility for a programming language, working with DuckDuckGo staff to maximize search coverage for developers.
Here are the 10 languages we're looking for leaders for:
* C * C# * C++
* HTML * Java
We will provide proper guidance but in the meantime, here's a summary of the requirements and responsibilities:
- Ability to understand search needs from a technical user's point of view.
- Knowledge of how to create Instant Answers.
- Willingness to keep the community updated on progress and next steps.
- Preparation: Defining the search space (with staff help)
- Programming: Leading by example
- Communication: Helping contributors and encouraging activity
- Coordination: Assigning tasks and monitoring progress
If you'd like to be considered for a voluntary language leader, just leave your name down below to show you're interested — and thank you!