We're fortunate to have new people joining the community everyday and we want to make sure they get a friendly welcome! Whether you're technical or not, an important role is to make new members feel at home as soon as they arrive, and help guide them to the areas of the community they're most interested.
What Can I Do?
- Greet new contributors
- Monitor for missed communication
- Forum moderation and guidance
- To keep the friendly feel of DuckDuckGo and DuckDuckHack – something that contributors often comment on.
- To make sure every contributor and community member’s experience is a positive one that they’ll want to share with their friends.
- Find a new forum user, say hi, and offer help with questions:
- In this forum, look at the most recently-updated topics.
- Find comments from new members.
- Reply to their comment or message them privately to say welcome.
- Welcome new Slack members:
- In Slack, look at the active channels - particularly #say-hi, #ia-ideas and #non-duckduckhack.
- Reply and say hi to people who have just joined, also letting them know about the forum.